Basti is a Sanskrit word and one of the meanings is ‘vessel’. The use of dough dams, or Basti, in Ayurveda is a unique therapy which allows a specific area of the body to be saturated with medicated oil. When we treat the eyes we use ghee. Depending on a particular issue we can medicate the ghee to treat. This treatment is usually not uncomfortable but quite the opposite. The eyes feel nourished, more clear, and relief from dryness. Netra Basti strengthens the deep tissues and nerves of the eyes to help maintain good eyesight. Ayurveda says that the eyes are connected with the feet, therefore a shoulder, neck, face, and foot massage is included.
Benefits Of Netra Basti
- Relieves the strain due to constant glaring to the Computer & TV screen, Refractive errors of the eyes, Chronic Conjunctivitis Corneal Ulcer, Dry Eye Syndrome, Eye diseases due to aggravation of Vata and Pitta toxins, Glaucoma
- Helps in preventing early formation of Cataract, Improper co-ordination and loss of movement of the eye balls, Pain and burning sensation in the eyes.
- Refreshes tired, sore, dry, itchy, and teary eyes
- Eases eye tension and proves to very soothing for dry and tired ‘computer eyes’
- Relieves eye socket tension, twitches, and squinting
- Eases wrinkles and dark circles around eyes
- Improves Vision,Nourishes and rejuvenates eyes
- Enhances the beauty of the eyes
- Preventive therapy for people suffering from Diabetes and hypertension